Sonny Rollins – On Impulse!
Only 1 left in stock
All-Analog 180g Vinyl LP of Sonny Rollins’ On Impulse Remastered from the Original Analog Tapes, Pressed at QRP, and Housed in Stoughton Gatefold Jacket
Sonny Rollins made some excellent recordings for Impulse! in the mid-1960s, a time when his unassailable skills and acrobatic approach made him a leading saxophonist, and one of the few to rival John Coltrane. Each of the five tracks collected here tell the complex, glorious story of Rollins’ talent, especially in the stretched-out solos where his knack for inventively de- and re-constructing melodies is evident. Highlights include “On Green Dolphin Street,” “Everything Happens to Me” and “Three Little Words.” This all-analog 180g vinyl LP reissue was mastered from the original analog tapes by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound, pressed at QRP, and comes housed in a Stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket.
Sonny Rollins, tenor saxophone
Ray Bryant, piano
Walter Booker, bass
Mickey Roker, drums
• All-analog 180g vinyl LP
• Acoustic Sounds Series reissues from Verve/Universal Music Enterprises
• Monthly releases highlighting Verve’s historic and best jazz records
• Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound from the original analog tapes
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Stoughton Printing gatefold old-style tip-on jacket
|Stock Level||Only 1 left in stock|