Sam Staziak (Daniel Quinn, Wild At Heart), the Scanner Cop, had hoped that he could resume a normal life. When other Scanners in the Los Angeles area are being attacked, literally left drained of life, Sam is forced back into action in a desperate attempt to stop a mad Scanner named Volkin who is determined to become the most powerful – and ruthless – of his kind. But as Sam sets out to put an end to the ever increasing carnage gripping the city, he also finds himself in a personal crisis after his long estranged mother reappears, and becomes the focus of Volkin’s growing rage.
Pervasively twisted and astonishingly gory, Steve Barnett’s SCANNER COP II: THE SHOWDOWN does everything in its power to up the ante in terms of the Scanners’ series violence and creative death sequences, with an array of extremely grisly and often ‘explosive’ demises courtesy of special effects wizard, John Carl Buechler (Mausoleum). Vinegar Syndrome is overjoyed to bring this unforgettable final chapter in the Scanners saga to Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD, newly restored from its 35mm original camera negative and featuring a brand new extended making of documentary with it’s cast and crew.
Directed by: Steve Barnett
Starring: Daniel Quinn, Patrick Kilpatrick, Khrystyne Haje, Robert Forster, Stephen Mendel
1994 / 95 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
• Region Free 4k Ultra HD / Blu-ray combo
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original negative
• 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Commentary track with director Steve Barnett
• “Outside the Law: The Scanner Cop Revolution – Part Two” – extended making-of documentary featuring interviews with: director Steve Barnett, producer Pierre David, actor Patrick Kilpatrick, actress Khrystyne Haje, actor Stephen Mendel, composer Richard Bowers, special effects artist Jeff Farley, makeup effects artist Tom Irvin, special effects artist James Rohland and screenwriter (You’re Next) Simon Barrett
• Original trailer
• Reversible cover artwork
• Newly translated English SDH subtitles